Reveal All You Need To Bring Your Fiance To The USA
If you plan to get a mail order bride and bring her to your country you need to know some basic details. Bringing your fiancé to the USA with a K1 visa may require a step-by-step process to arrange it. What’s this visa about? It’s a visa known as a fiancé visa with a chance to bring your love. How to bring your fiancée to the USA? Is it complicated? Actually, if you follow all fiancé visa USA requirements and get the help of your lawyer, the process will become much easier. So, the problem of bringing a foreign wife to the US isn’t a headache anymore.
International online dating may seem simple for lots of lovebirds, but only until the moment, they decide to get married and migrate. Here are some tips on how to help your fiancée immigrate to the U.S.
Consider different options
Each case for marriage is unique, and it highly depends on the law of the U.S. and the country where your lady comes from. Here, we are going to focus on the opportunities that are offered by your motherland. Anyway, you as an American have to know that there are different ways for your bride to get a U.S. permanent residence permit.
- Marrying overseas together: if two of you decide to get married in another country, later you will be able to file an Immigrant Petition for Alien Relatives for your new-minted wife. If the petition is affirmed, your mail-order bride will be processed for an immigrant visa. That will be done by the American Embassy or Consulate. Therefore, she will be able to come to the U.S. as a permanent resident.
- Getting married in the U.S as the fiancée is there: In case your mail-order bride is already in the U.S. and stays there under other legal temporary conditions, you may get married right there. During that time you may file the Immigrant Petition for your fiancée. However, she must be ready for extra requirements she will have to fit to alter her temporary status to a permanent permit in your motherland.
- Getting married in the US as the bride is overseas: It is possible that your fiancée might be abroad, but you would like to get married in the U.S. This case also covers a situation whereby your bride is in the U.S., leaves it for some time, and desires to come back for the thrilling procedure of uniting your hearts. In this case, she can get a fiancée visa. This visa is a sort of link to the residence permit. It will allow your mail-order bride to enter the U.S. and spend up to 90 days preparing for the ceremony and, apparently, getting married to you.
Pay attention to details
It is crucial to understand that in each case documents have to be appropriately submitted – this is the only way to help your bride immigrate to the U.S. with a little of a paperwork headache. Before you decide to file a petition, make sure you clarified to which body you had to submit the docs to the USCIS office in the U.S., overseas, or with the U.S. Consulate. Remember, that some cases might be specific, and you might need the help of an immigration lawyer.
What steps does K1 visa process include?
Nowadays, it’s hard to count all countries with mail order brides . So, you need to be prepared to bring your future wife to your country, so you need to know more about K1.This is a type of visa that offers the best way to bring your fiancée to America. Here are some things you need to consider:
- Arranging visa: You’ll need to provide the required docs and pay for the visa. So, the rest will be much easier. The first thing to do is to fill out the form of DS-160.
- Costs of visa: the next step is pay for the visa expenses. The cost of visa intended to bring your foreign wife to the USA may reach up to $2,025.
- 90 day requirement: once you arrange this visa for your fiancée and bring her to the USA, you’ll have 90 days until this visa expires.
What’s more, the process of getting a visa depends on the country where your bride resides. Once all steps for a fiancé visa are made properly, the visa will be issued immediately. But what about a fiancé visa vs a marriage visa issued by the USA? Are they the same? When it comes to them, they’re completely different, fiancé visa vs spouse visa in the USA. The former is intended to give entrance permission to the person who’ll get married to you in the USA, while the latter is about giving a visa to the person who’s already your wife.
- What’s K1 Visa?–
It’s a fiancé visa intended to grant permission for your future wife to come to the USA and get married within 90 days.
- Can I apply for a K1 visa while in the US?+
Actually, this is the main way you can apply for this visa. It’s supposed to be filed first by the US citizen only. And then, the future wife can be anywhere in the world, as the application is done online only.
- How to apply for a fiancé visa?+
All you need is to apply for a K1 visa by filling out the form and providing the required docs and payment. But to do so, you need to be a citizen of the USA. Then, you’re required to be an eligible bachelor so that you can marry someone. Don’t forget about income requirements.
- How long does a fiancé visa last?+
Upon receiving a K1 visa, you’re expected to marry within 90 days.
- How long does it take to get a fiancé visa?+
The process is considered to take some time depending on the country, but in general, it’ll take something between 2 and 6 months.
- What happens if a K1 visa expires?+
Once a K1 visa expires, there’s no possibility to extend it. After 90 days of visa expiration, your fiancé is expected to leave the country within 60 days.