How to Help my Fiancée Immigrate to the USA?

how to immigrate your bride to the U.S.

International online dating may seem simple for lots of love-birds, but only until the moment, they decide to get married and migrate.

You are American, you have dated a girl from the overseas online for quite a long time, and you have even visited her in her hometown to make a marriage proposal? That’s where things are hitting up! Perhaps, you have been puzzled about how to help your bride immigrate to the U.S.?

Here are some tips on how to help you fiancée immigrate to the U.S.

RELATED: The Best Dating Sites For Those Who Want To Get Married

Consider different options

Each case for marriage is unique, and it highly depends on the law of the U.S. and the country where your lady comes from. Here, we are going to focus on the opportunities that are offered by your motherland.

Anyway, you as American have to know that there are different ways for your bride to get the U.S. permanent residence permit.

way to help your bride immigrate to the U.S.

Option #1. Marrying overseas together

If two of you decide to get married in another country, later you will be able to file an Immigrant Petition for Alien Relative for your new-minted wife.

If the petition is affirmed, your mail-order bride will be processed for an immigrant visa. That will be done by the American Embassy or Consulate . Therefore, she will be able to come to the U.S. as a permanent resident. Voila!

RELATED: Travel Tips for Single Men Visiting Russia in 2019

Option #2. Getting married in the U.S as the fiancée is there

In case your mail-order bride is already in the U.S. and stays there under other legal temporary conditions, you may get married right there. During that time you may file the Immigrant Petition for your fiancée.

However, she must be ready for extra requirements she will have to fit to alter her temporary status to permanent permit in your motherland.

Option #3. Getting married in the U.S. as the bride is overseas

It is possible that your fiancée might be abroad, but you would like to get married in the U.S. This case also covers a situation whereby you bride is in the U.S., leaves it for some time and desires to come back for the thrilling procedure of uniting your hearts.

In this case, she can get a fiancée visa. This visa is a sort of link to the residence permit. It will allow your mail-order bride to enter the U.S. and spend there up to 90 days preparing for the ceremony and, apparently, getting married to you.

After the official ceremony, your new spouse will get the right to apply for the residence permit and stay in the country while the decision is being made by USCIS.

RELATED: How to Find a Wife if You are Over 50

Pay attention to details

It is crucial to understand that in each case documents have to be appropriately submitted – this is the only way to help your bride immigrate to the U.S. with a little of a paperwork headache.

Before you decide to file a petition, make sure you clarified to which body you had to submit the docs to USCIS office in the U.S., overseas or with the U.S. Consulate.

Remember, that some cases might be specific, and you might need the help of an immigration lawyer.

Charming Emma

Emma has been working in online dating and matchmaking industry for over 25 years. Two years ago she joined YourbrideGlobal as a contributing editor and relationship expert. Today Emma shows singles the way to find true love by sharing her dating and relationship tips.